Eagle Ray, Inc. is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. We are seeking a Principal System Architect with AWS and Azure expertise to collaborate with the Customer’s SE&I team to assess & develop architectures and requirements, to develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to guide Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Developing advanced, leading-edge, cloud-oriented architectures that provide new cybersecurity capabilities to a major U.S. Government customer
- Partnering with the Chief Engineer to lead the Agile development teams in the development, integration, and testing of associated cybersecurity architectures and capabilities
- Collaborating with Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the system design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
- Conducting trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant systems engineering and architecture experience including allocation of hardware and software requirements, architecture development, development of use cases and stories, interface definition development, and systems integration & test
- Strong understanding of system architecture principles
- Ability to lead teams on large and small scale system architecture activities
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including excellent understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework
- Strong experience or in-depth knowledge of Microsoft’s Azure cloud services
- Experience with virtualized cloud environments (preferably VMware VSphere)
- Proven success working within a large, multi-disciplined, matrixed, multi-company team
- Significant experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with and excellent technical understanding of cybersecurity including attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
- Experience with industry standard technology frameworks and methods
- Experience with requirements management and tools (DOORS preferred)
- Strong experience with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management (CM) practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools.
- Experience with Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method (ATAM) or other architecture evaluation methods
- Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views including operational, technical standards, and system/services views and business, data, applications, and technology architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF)
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar framework
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g., ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFe)
- DevSecOps or DevOps experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
- DHS experience.
BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Azure Certified Architect
- SAFe certifications (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
- CISSP Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSIP-ISSAP)
- TOGAF Architecture Certification
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) or similar
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity